MARZANO TEACHER EVALUATION MODEL
A Cause-and-Effect Relationship to Student Achievement
Dr. Marzano’s Teacher Evaluation Model is based on his acclaimed Art and Science of Teaching framework and the meta-analytic research he has conducted over the past several decades.
The first of its kind, this teacher evaluation model is not only based on studies that correlate instructional strategies to student achievement, but is also grounded on experimental/control studies that establish a direct causal link between elements of the model and student results. Read more: Examining the Role of Teacher Evaluation in Student Achievement
The Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model identifies a complete set of practices directly related to improved student performance, organized into domains that develop teacher expertise.
The leading expert in developing teacher effectiveness
Research base and validation studies for the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model:
- More than 5,000 studies across five decades
- More than 2 million books distributed to K-12 educators across the nation
- Correlation studies that connect teaching practices to student achievement
- Causation studies that establish a direct link between the model and student results
- Read more: Examining the Role of Teacher Evaluation in Student Achievement
The domains: Learn more about Dr. Marzano’s domains
Products & Services: Learning Sciences International offers services to help ensure fidelity to the Marzano models during all stages of implementation. Read more about our professional development services.
Watch a Presentation Visit our YouTube channel for an overview of the model.